Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Summer Entertaining

I know, I know this is a decorating website, but who says we can't mix it up a little? Since it's my blog and I get to decide, I've made the decision to post anything that I think may be of interest to you that relates to decorating, home, entertaining, etc. So... you just never know what may show up!


PartyBluPrints posted this recipe and I thought it looked like something yummy for those backyard bbq's this summer...



Ingredients:
15 1/2 ounce(s) (can) pinto or black beans, drained and rinsed
11 ounce(s) (can) corn kernels, drained
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diceg
3 green onions, minced
1 large (or 2 small) avocado , diced
1 cup(s) chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup(s) prepared salsa
3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Gently toss to combine. Chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Serve over greens as a salad, or with chips for dipping.

If you make this recipe, let us know how you liked it.


Speaking of parties - if you're using candles to create ambiance, here are some ways to dress up those plain glass cylinders (from hostessblog.com):

Can you think of any other clever ways to dress up plain glass cylinders? Share them with us by commenting on this post.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment