Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Painted Plate

Just a quick idea for the do-it-yourselfer. I was looking for some things online today and came across this Apt. 9 plate and stand at Kohls.com.

It reminded that I saw this same type of plate done as an accessory project on an HGTV design show (can't remember for sure which one, it was a while ago) so I thought I would share it with you as a DIY project. On the show, they just dipped a regular plate in the paint color of their choice and let it dry. Pretty inexpensive way to get a unique plate that matches your color scheme (metallic paint would also be cool). Once it was dry you could also add a monogram or some other vinyl letters, decals or something in the middle or across the paint line to give it more interest if you wanted to. What you used to embellish would vary depending on your decorating style.

I would be interested to know what you think of this project. If you try it, let me know and I'll share your before and after pictures on the blog.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment